Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another attempt at dinner for new parents

I'm sitting here downing glass after glass of water with lemon in it in preparation for my latest doc appt. After last week's "woooow, big jump this month!?" comment about my weight, I'm trying anything I can. I know it doesn't negate the giant box of Good and Plenty's I inhaled last night, but a girl can hope. I'm also going to change into the LIGHTEST clothes I own. It is sad. I know.

So I'm attempting another recipe for dear friends of ours who have just recently had a baby boy. This one has a bit of cheese in it, but he is almost a month old, so it should be okay for mom. The recipe says it is enough to make one, freeze one, so I'm going to double it and have it for dinner for us, and put a couple in the freezer as well. I'll bring it to them in a freezer container, so they can do the same or bake it now - whichever is more convenient.

I found this one on Martha, I still adore her. The recipe is for Baked Pasta with Chicken Sausage and has spinach - healthy and impossible for me to eat if not completely incorporated into something else, sausage - makes Mr. friend happy, pasta - kids happy, and cream and cheese - ME happy.

I'm not going to post the whole recipe, but it is on Martha along with all of the great comments people write in. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment