Monday, October 6, 2008

Great Day!

We are settling in with Baby O. He's a pretty great sleeper, still, we are praying that he keeps it up as his awake periods start to stretch out. He is perfect and healthy, and besides me crying at the drop of a hat - over good news or silly thoughts - things are great. My husband has to go back to work tomorrow. That, for lack of a better term, SUCKS. Sometimes, that is just the best description, i think. It SUCKS. I'm sure I'll spend a good bit of time in the morning crying about it.
My plan is to start back exercising tomorrow, as well. Hopefully that will help my mood swings - some good old endorphins. And holy crap, when did I put on all this weight?? I guess my preggo belly either confused me, tricked me, or somehow balanced out the weight I was gaining to the REAR of me. NOT so cute now on a not preggo body. I know it has only been 2 weeks, but I mean, REALLY, this is frightening.

SO THE BIG NEWS!!!! My sweet, perfect, adorable son was named student of the month!!! He was one of three chosen out of his kindergarten class! My amazing friend called me after the morning assembly at his school and told us, so we had time to get balloons and make cookies, and really do it up for him. He is so proud of himself, and we could NOT be more proud of him. I'd love to send a copy of his certificate to his past teachers who tried to either diagnose him, or battle wills with him, or tell me about all of the problems he was going to have once he got to school!!! The three of them were chosen for following the "Super Bee Rules", which are kindness, caring, honesty, and safety. What a great little guy he is. I can't tell you what a relief it is to hear him talk about how much he loves school and all he is learning. There is no better way for him to start his school career than with a lovely woman who is encouraging him in his curiosity and helping instill this love of school. GREAT PLACE. GREAT KIDS!! GREAT DAY!!!

1 comment: