Friday, October 17, 2008

Isn't it funny?

Isn't it funny that when you have your first child it seems SO incredibly overwhelming, and you can't fit in a shower, and you are SOOOO tired you think you won't be able to make it?? Then have your THIRD, and you think "why on earth was it so difficult with ONE? If only I didn't have to take care of the other two, I would have HOURS of free time to gaze at my lovely baby!"

I hardly left the house after Henry was born! He was SO happy at home, he hated his carseat, and there was the whole FEEDING issue we had (read previous posts...). Plus i couldn't bring myself to sitting around with a bunch of other women and their infants singing songs and pretending our babies were listening to the woman reading stories!! NOW I know this is much more for the bonding of the moms, and that those girls all made great friends while they sang the silly songs, but i just sort of skipped that whole thing. Now I have to get 2 kids ready for school, feed them both SO many times a day, try to give them the attention they are craving, AND take care of this little perfect bundle who poops 4,000 times a day.

This morning, both of my kids are at school, and I've done pilates already, and hope to have the kitchen cleaned (after TWO days of not doing dishes - did I mention we DON'T have a dishwasher?? what year is this, 1945??), the laundry all put away, and more loads going. Oh, and I'm hoping to be dressed and presentable before I walk over to get Miss Mae from school.

Here is another GIANT milestone: Maggie runs into school, totally happy to be there and waves goodbye to Marc through the window!! No tears, no tearing her out of his arms... She was even happy all morning getting ready today - usually she is very nervous and talking about how she doesn't want to go to school for three hours every morning. GIGANTIC sigh of relief. This was the biggest thing she had to learn at preschool, and I knew she could do it. And I'm so glad the kids at school will get to see her amazing sparkling personality! Now what do I do about the fact that she can already easily finish all of Henry's kindergarten homework?

No comments:

Post a Comment