Monday, February 2, 2009

How To Take Great Photos of Your Kids!

Campbell Salgado makes me happy. I first heard about them when I was pregnant with my second baby. One of my friends told me I should have some preggo photos taken, and I thought, "NO WAY!!" First of all, I look HORRIBLE this giant, and second, why on earth would I want to look at them in the future!? Well I was incredibly wrong, and thankfully, I have the photos to prove it. I went in very apprehensive thinking I wouldn't have any revealing photos taken, and I ended up feeling completely comfortable with Francisco, and actually feeling PRETTY and happy with my gigantic body. I did my photo session with my then two year old son, and our photos together are an absolute treasure. We have pics of him showing my belly a toy, and kissing my belly and us giving each other giant hugs among others.

If I could go to their studio once a month to capture my growing babies I would. Their photos are magic! We went back as a family when my baby Miss Mae was born, and then again for her first birthday. I'm hoping to schedule another session when Baby O. can sit up, so we can capture all of his yummy meatballness.

Their process from beginning to end is like having life long friends photograph you...., well, like you are a rock star who has amazing photographer life long friends. I felt so at ease, as did my kids, and I felt like it was really US being photographed, not me racing around trying to make sure every hair was in place and praying we get a good shot in our 20 minute time slot. At the same time though, this entire studio and photographer are focused on US - very rock star for me. If you can, GO THERE.

AND, now they have a great blog!! And they are sharing tips for taking photos of our kids ourselves! How lovely and generous of them! I think I may just get out a sheet and take photos of the kids on the next sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment