Monday, April 13, 2009

Cupcakes and Blue Toenails


Miss Mae's real birthday was on Saturday, and to celebrate, we made cupcakes and went to have our toes done. She picked out this lovely, pearly blue, and had her finger nails done, too. She sat on my lap the whole time, and simply loved every minute of it! She kept saying how much she loved getting her toes done, and how much she loved her birthday, and how much she loved ME. It was a gift of a day. I'll hold on to it forever.
We also made cupcakes. They were goofy mix-in-a-box cupcakes, but I thought she would like pink polka dots. Why do box cakes have that strange chemical taste?? I made a real cream cheese frosting, though, and the kids decorated them with ziplock pastry bags and as many sprinkles as we could find. NEXT time, I swear, I'm going to make a real cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment